Ultra Violet Sparkling Rose

Regular
$22.00
Sale
$22.00
Regular
Sold Out
Unit Price
per 

Email me when this is available

Samantha Sheehan has been making Champagne method sparkling wine, rosé, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Meunier, and Cabernet under the brands Poe Wines and Ultraviolet Wines for 10 years. She’s been featured in The San Francisco Chronicle, Food & Wine Magazine, Saveur, Bloomberg, Wine & Spirits Magazine, Punch, LA Weekly, 7X7 Magazine, and others.

Floral & mineral-driven, with notes of white flowers, strawberry, raspberry, grapefruit zest. Small & fine bubbles.

Pairs wonderfully with anything salty or high in fat. delicious alongside any of the following dishes: oysters, fried chicken, triple cream cheese (or any cheese), oven-roasted fish, ceviche, or veggie pizza.

Made from pinot noir grapes from Manchester Ridge vineyard, in the AVA region known as “islands in the sky.” located 2,000 feet above Anderson Valley, CA and 400 feet above the fog line. Cellared & bottled by ULTRAVIOLET in Napa, CA.

750 ml, 12.85% alc. by volume.

Vineyard:

This is the first vintage of sparkling Ultraviolet rosé. The wine is a base of 85% Coombsville Cabernet Franc rosé, made from the grapes that go into our Ultraviolet Cabernet Sauvignon. The remaining 15% is French Colombard from Mendocino that we made for our Mommenpop Vin d’Orange. Essentially this first vintage was a happy accident of having leftover delicious ingredients, and turning them into my favorite beverage, sparkling rosé! This was the first, but definitely will not be the last.

Winemaking:

We have been making Champagne method sparkling wines for six years, and decided to make a playful, fruit driven California sparkling, by utilizing the Charmant method. As oppose to fermenting in bottle, we took our sparkling base and instigated a second fermentation in stainless steel utilizing yeast and sugar. It is the same process as Champagne method, but a different vessel. The fermentation was kept cold, and last seven weeks. After a few months of rest, we bottled under cork. The dosage is 5 grams per liter.

Tasting Notes:

With aromatics of lemon blossoms and strawberry, the palate shows lovely minerality and fine bubbles, with underripe strawberry, peach, and orange peel, with a lingering bright grapefruit on the finish.