Edible LA + Narrative Food Collab: Taco Tuesday Box
Jennifer, the Founder of Narrative Food, is an avid maker of homemade tortillas and a huge fan of all the amazing Latinx products made in Los Angeles. She even penned the article about Mole for this Fall's Edible LA Magazine devoted to all things chocolate, interviewing Bricia Lopez of Guelaguetza Restaurant (the cover girl for the issue and maker of the Mole included in the box!) Spoiler alert: "Mole is NOT a chocolate sauce"! And while she was visiting the Guelaguetza kitchens to see how mole is made, Jennifer was sure to get a tortilla cooking lesson from Bricia and her head Tortilla maker!
Recently Jennifer found a cache of 18 adorable, bright red, cast iron tortilla presses on sale (made from recycled sewing machines in Mexico), so she jumped on the opportunity to offer a limited number of Gift Boxes, with everything you need for several taco feasts. Once you get the hang of it, tortilla making will become one of your favorite go to meals. Easy enough for weeknights, and fun enough for gatherings with friends and family...
In addition, after weeks of experimentation, and a close read of the new Masa Cookbook written by Jorge Gaviria (the founder of Masienda -- an LA-based producer of the best chef-grade masa harina on the market), the box includes a recipe card on how to achieve the elusive "puff" for your tortillas.
IMPACT: Each purchase of this box enables a donation of $10 to your choice of World Central Kitchen, Healthy Island Project, or We the Change. Read more about our non profit beneficiaries.
Included in this box are all the essentials:
- Cast Iron Tortilla Press (with tortilla cloth) | made from recycled sewing machines in Mexico!
- Chef-Grade Masa Flour (Harina) White, 2.2 LB | Masienda | Los Angeles
- Chef-Grade Masa Flour (Harina) Blue, 2.2 LB | Masienda | Los Angeles
- Pura Macha | Masienda | Los Angeles (like a Mexican Chili Crisp with a hazelnut base, this salsa truly elevates your tortillas to the next level!!)
- Mole Negro Paste, 16 oz | Guelaguetza | Los Angeles
- Heirloom Ayacote Black Beans (1 lb) | Rancho Gordo or Kandarian | Los Angeles
- Insurgente Hot Sauce, 5 oz | El Machete | Los Angeles
- Edible LA Magazine
- Recipe Cards Included
Tells a story of community
Delivers measurable impact via a non-profit donation
Includes discovery sheets and recipe cards
Supports small-scale artisan makers who care about a positive environmental and community impact